St. John’s Institute is a Chinese-Filipino Catholic institution for basic education committed to the holistic development of the youth imbued with a firm Christian faith, respect for the richness of the Chinese and Filipino heritage, a good sense of discipline and desirable values of a person dedicated to the service of God and neighbor.
St. John’s Institute, responsive to the realities of the times, seeks to contribute to the development and progress of our country, in particular the Bacolod community by providing quality education which aims –
- to form spiritually mature Christians with a firm belief and understanding of the faith that he lives, a life based on the respect for the person and his dignity;
- to instill superior literacy and knowledge, appreciation of the arts and sports, the discipline of logical, critical and creative thinking and to learn how to be life-long learners;
- to develop in every Johnian a respect for the Chinese and Filipino heritage and appreciation of the Chinese and Filipino culture. This respect and appreciation foster a spirit of mutual understanding and friendly relation;
- to instill self-discipline in mind and character such that one conducts himself with a deep sense of responsibility for his actions, a strong passion for justice and selfless commitment to serve to others.
- God- Centeredness – Inspired by the Gospel and Catholic tradition, a Johnian is molded to live a life of holiness, dignity, integrity and the arduous but spiritually-rewarding pursuit of wisdom.
- Concern for Others – A Johnian is made aware of his essential contribution towards a more peaceful, humane and harmonious society, by being attentive and responsive for the common good.
- Discipline – A Johnian is trained to value self-discipline in mind and character; is dignified, responsible and capable of making just and morally-upright choices and can act as a positive agent of change.
- Academic Excellence – A Johnian’s educational foundation is grounded on an environment not only conducive to brilliant and diligent study, but also of mutual respect, understanding and open-mindedness, in preparation for higher endeavors.
- Cultural Integration – secured in the richness of his Filipino heritage but respectful and appreciative of the Chinese culture, a Johnian is equipped with the necessary language skills, thus fostering the spirit of mutual understanding and friendly relation among cultures.