Pupils/Students are classified with reference to their year of entry, age and the grade level that they have finished.
- Toddler — Pupils whose ages range from 2-2.11 years old by August 31 ( North Point Campus )
- Nursery — Pupils whose ages range from 3-3.11 years old by August 31 (North Point and Main Campus)
- Pre-Kinder — Pupils whose ages range from 4-4.11 years old by August 31 (North Point and Main Campus)
- Kinder — Children aged five years old by August 31st of the school year they will enroll in (North Point and Main Campus)
- Grade 1 — Children who have completed Kindergarten programs in DepEd accredited schools and centers and who are six years old and above by August 31st of the school year they will enroll in. (North Point and Main Campus)
- Grade 7 — Pupils who have finished their elementary course and are eligible for promotion to Junior High School (not more than 15 years old)
- Grade 11 — Students who have completed their four-year program in the Junior High School and are eligible for promotion to Senior High School.
- Old Students — Students who were enrolled and have finished the previous school year in St. John’s Institute.
- New Students — Those who have been enrolled in the school at any level for the first time. The following are considered as new students: a. Nursery Pupils
b. Transferees (Gr. 1-12) Those who have transferred from another school
- Students who have been enrolled in other institutions in the previous school year and are enrolled in SJI for the first time.
- Exchange students from abroad who have been staying in the Philippines and are enrolled at St. John’s Institute as part of the program of Rotary, AFS, Jaycees and other similar organizations.
- Returnees— Students who have previously been enrolled in the school but have transferred to another, and are returning to SJI or they are students who are returning from a leave of absence or for some valid reasons but did not enroll in any institution prior to his/her re-application.
a. Grades 1-12 students of 531 who have failing marks in the final rating in 2 of the major subjects for the first time.
b. Grades 1-12 students of SJI whose general average is less than 75%.
- Late enrollees — Students who have enrolled later when enrollment period has been declared closed. They are entertained only if slots are still available.
- “Sit-in” Students — Students who are enrolled but who do not earn units and maybe exempted from certain class requirements. These are mostly ‘ students who are in the country/city for only brief periods but would like to maximize learning opportunities in the classroom. (Admitted only under certain conditions.)
- Foreign Students. These are non-Filipino students, who have met the school’s admission requirements.